Much like his mother, Charlie tends to call it as he sees it. Most of the time it involves saying something completely awkward and socially unacceptable (aka "You have a hairy hiney.") The other day, Charlie says to Uncle Dan... "Heh, Heh, you're funny Uncle Dan... Funnier than I thought." We got a kick out of that b/c it was like he had already assessed how funny Uncle Dan was and was then surprised by him. But today was the kicker...
This morning, we were laying in bed like we do most mornings and both boys were laying on me, Finny on top and Charlie off to the side. Here's how the conversation went...
C: [sniff, sniff] What's that smell, Mommy?
This morning, we were laying in bed like we do most mornings and both boys were laying on me, Finny on top and Charlie off to the side. Here's how the conversation went...
C: [sniff, sniff] What's that smell, Mommy?
S: What smell, Charlie?
C: It smells like poop.
[After the hairy hiney incident, I had a pretty good idea where he was going with this]
C: It smells like poop.
[After the hairy hiney incident, I had a pretty good idea where he was going with this]
[sniff, sniff]
C: It's coming from your mouth Mommy! Your mouth smells like poop Mommy! Pee-U!
Well I couldn't breathe. I was laughing so hard. Charlie knew he said something funny b/c he started laughing too. I almost fell out of the bed.
Side note, later when I brushed my teeth, Charlie lovingly told me that my mouth didn't smell like poop any more! Thank goodness. Incidentally, it was morning breath folks, my breath doesn't normally smell like poop... at least I don't think it does!
You wonder why Finny learned how to say "Poop" yesterday! You have to hear him. It's clear as day! He says "PuP." I'm so proud!
On another note. We went on the 11th annual base tour this past weekend. 18 of us piled in 4 cars and drove down to Southern Maryland in search of the illusive government bargain. As "W" will admit, no bargains to be had in government, but fun was had by all. We visited the Caissons (the horses who carry dead presidents at their funerals). Finny loved the "Gugs," but Charlie was scared. Finny couldn't get enough of them. I had to stand there the whole time while Finny giggled and squealed "Gug! Gug! Guggy!" Then our friend the Gug tried to whisper sweet nothings in my ear and we were out of there!
And last, but not least, on October 7 my sister-in-law Jodi delivered a happy, healthy baby girl named Avery Jo-Ann Cogan. We were all ecstatic! She was 6 pounds and 18 inches long. Jodi and Chuck are doing great and are enjoying every minute of her! The rest of the Cogan clan is excited to have another baby girl in the family. We were beginning to wonder if anyone but Kelli could whip one up! For those of you playing the at home game, my parents now have 10 grandchildren; 7 boys and 3 girls! I'm hoping to get up to the Poconos tomorrow to see the little lass. I gotta see what a 6 pound baby looks like for myself!
C: It's coming from your mouth Mommy! Your mouth smells like poop Mommy! Pee-U!
Well I couldn't breathe. I was laughing so hard. Charlie knew he said something funny b/c he started laughing too. I almost fell out of the bed.
Side note, later when I brushed my teeth, Charlie lovingly told me that my mouth didn't smell like poop any more! Thank goodness. Incidentally, it was morning breath folks, my breath doesn't normally smell like poop... at least I don't think it does!
You wonder why Finny learned how to say "Poop" yesterday! You have to hear him. It's clear as day! He says "PuP." I'm so proud!
On another note. We went on the 11th annual base tour this past weekend. 18 of us piled in 4 cars and drove down to Southern Maryland in search of the illusive government bargain. As "W" will admit, no bargains to be had in government, but fun was had by all. We visited the Caissons (the horses who carry dead presidents at their funerals). Finny loved the "Gugs," but Charlie was scared. Finny couldn't get enough of them. I had to stand there the whole time while Finny giggled and squealed "Gug! Gug! Guggy!" Then our friend the Gug tried to whisper sweet nothings in my ear and we were out of there!
And last, but not least, on October 7 my sister-in-law Jodi delivered a happy, healthy baby girl named Avery Jo-Ann Cogan. We were all ecstatic! She was 6 pounds and 18 inches long. Jodi and Chuck are doing great and are enjoying every minute of her! The rest of the Cogan clan is excited to have another baby girl in the family. We were beginning to wonder if anyone but Kelli could whip one up! For those of you playing the at home game, my parents now have 10 grandchildren; 7 boys and 3 girls! I'm hoping to get up to the Poconos tomorrow to see the little lass. I gotta see what a 6 pound baby looks like for myself!
No comments:
Post a Comment